Thursday, April 10, 2014

Waiting, waiting, and more waiting & other updates

Too many of my days recently have been my waiting for a break ... an opportunity ... a moment to just take a breather. And frankly, I'm tired of it. So no more waiting and more doing instead!

Every day, I find myself preparing for that day's or tomorrow's class, only to feel the night coming before I know it. Somehow, I don't end up getting more than what's required for that day. Because I keep waiting and waiting for the next class, or the next day, or the next weekend, or the next break. Come the weekend, and I try to relax more instead of getting work done. Come the break, and I spend most of it thinking about what needs to get done instead of actually getting it done. Week after week, I'm waiting for the weekend to relax and get work done, and before I know it, it's Sunday evening or night and omg. I've three 15-20-page papers to do for three classes that are due by early- to mid-May. That's basically an entire thesis right there. And the classes I'm taking this year are so different that I couldn't even think of a similar theme for them. But I'm excited because I love the topics/arguments I've chosen. Now it's just a matter of dividing up my time to be productive with each one. InshaAllah, they'll get done before their due dates, and I'll be freeeee afterwards!

My old roommate has moved out (she's done with coursework and now preparing for comps. Wishing her lots of good luck!), and I've got a new roommie now (hey, you!). She moves in today, so I've decided to treat her to pizza for dinner tonight :D I know - any excuse to eat as unhealthy as studently possible.

But I've otherwise been doing well, alhamdulillah :) I've been cooking more, eating more at home, drinking lots of good teas. YOU GUYS!! Cinnamon tea is SO GOOD! And it has amazing health benefits! Totally recommend it, especially to females. It totally eliminates cramps. Finally, no more Tylenol and more cinnamon instead! I'd heard ginger tea also reduces cramps, but while ginger tea is awesome and has other health benefits, too, it's useless for cramps. And, of course, green tea. So my new three teas are: Cinnamon, green, and ginger. All fresh, too. Cinnamon sticks, fresh ginger/ginger roots, and green tea leaves. Non-fresh teas are still beneficial, though, so don't worry if you don't have them as leaves or sticks or roots.

In another post, I'll give some recipes of the foods I've been making lately. Like Persian spaghetti, shrimp rice, shrimp pasta, other kinds of rice that I just make up on my own but are so darn good.

k, that'd be all.

peace!

P.S. I'm going to Oman this summer with the Critical Language Scholarship (CLS), inshaAllah!! :D More on this another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dare to opine :)

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...