Sunday, December 2, 2012

Muslims' Beliefs on Relationships and Intimacy

Dear people,

Below, I'm pasting an email from a student who needs some respondents for her survey on Muslims' views on relationships and intimacy ("intimacy" = "sex" but I prefer to use "intimacy" in this email; the original email sent by the researcher is pasted below. And don't worry - this doesn't mean such relations outside of marriage, so please don't make any assumptions about the study or the person conducting it). Anyone interested in participating--entirely confidentially--should be between the ages of 18 and 35 and must be a resident or citizen of the U.S. or Canada.

Thank you for your support! Feel free to share it with others who you think might be interested in responding as well. The student has given her consent in sharing this as widely as possible.

Salaams everyone,
I'm just sending out a friendly reminder about my study.

My name is Sobia Ali-Faisal and I have been on this list for a while learning from everyone. I am currently a PhD Candidate working under the supervision of Dr. Charlene Senn in the Department of Psychology at the University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario. For my dissertation I am investigating Muslims’ beliefs about relationships and sex. If you are eligible for my study I would kindly ask you to consider participating in my project. To be eligible you must be Muslim, living in Canada or the US as a citizen or permanent resident, and be between the ages of 18 and 35.

Participation would involve doing an online survey which should take approximately 45 minutes to complete. This research is on Muslims’ attitudes regarding relationships and sex so there will be some sex related questions on the survey. However, your responses will be completely confidential (and a Canadian server is being used) and any information that could identify you (your draw entry) is kept separate and cannot be matched to your responses.

I would also ask that you ask others who are eligible to participate. There is very little empirical research on this topic and your help in adding to this knowledge would be appreciated.

For those who complete the survey there will be an opportunity to enter a draw for one of five $100 cash prizes as well.

If interested please follow the link below and please share if you feel comfortable doing so.

If you are eligible but would rather fill out the survey in paper form instead of online then please email me, Sobia Ali-Faisal, at ali1l@uwindsor.ca. The paper survey will be mailed to you.

This study has received the clearance of the University of Windsor Research Ethics Board. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me at ali1l@uwindsor.ca or respond to this message.

Thank you!

Sobia Ali-Faisal, M.A.
PhD Candidate
Applied Social Psychology
University of Windsor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dare to opine :)

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...