Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Rest in Peace ...

I just found out that the husband of a Pashtun woman I know (in the U.S.) has been killed by some robbers at his store (at 11am - but the killers apparently escaped, and from what I understand, no effort is being made to find them. I'm gonna wait a while before declaring this racial discrimination). I didn't know him or had ever met him, but I've met his wife and think very positively of her - but I'm still in shock, devastated myself. I keep thinking that if I feel this way, what must the family be going through? It makes me shudder thinking that death certainly can attack anyone at any time! One minute all's well and a person is alive and loved by everyone around them; the next minute, they're gone and everyone's crying over them. And to think of all the people we take for granted, those special people we forget to say "I love you" and "thank you" to when we should .... Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raaji'oon (to God we belong to and to Him we return). May he rest in peace, and may his family and other loved ones be blessed with patience to deal with this unbearable loss, aameen. Prayers, well wishes for the family are requested.

2 comments:

  1. We have same sentiments as expressed by you! May all the familty recover from this loss. And May the departed rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete

Dare to opine :)

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...